Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Typing Arabic

I have been learning for a year. The language is difficult as it is very different from Chinese and English. There are so many new vocabularies and grammatical rules that are difficult to memorize. But I enjoy and will continue learning it.
One of my classmates posted on facebook this web link that allows you to type Arabic.
I typed the following message

إسمي تادي. أدرس اللغات العربية في الجمية هونغ كونغ. أنا أحب مشاهدة الأفلام و مطالعة. أنا سافرت إلى سنغابور. أنا كنت في
شنزهن مع صديقتي
من مليسيا في يوم السبت

Translation:
My name is Teddy. I study Arabic language in Hong Kong University. I like watching movies and reading. I travelled to Singapore. I was in Shenzhen with my friend from Malaysia on Saturday.

How to read the Arabic.

إسمي تادي. Ismii (My name) Teddy.
أدرس اللغات العربية في الجمية هونغ كونغ. Ad ros (I study) al lo gaat (language) al arabii (Arabic) fii (in) jamiiat (university) Hong Kong.
أنا أحب مشاهدة الأفلام و مطالعة. Ana (I) Ohib (I like) moshahada (watching) al aflaam (movies) wa (and) mu taala a(reading).
أنا سافرت إلى
سنغابور. Ana (I) saa faran (traveled) ii la (to) Singapore.
أنا كنت في
شنزهن مع صديقتي
من مليسيا في يوم السبت
Ana (I) Konto (I was) fii (in) Shenzhen ma aa (with) so dii qii (my friend) min (from) Malaysia fii (on) yum al sabt (Saturday)

Although the Arabic sentences are not grammatically correct, I am still very thrilled.

Hope I can understand the language more and find learning easier.

1 comment:

Teoh KL said...

You must have the environment to improve and polish the language... make a trip to middle east or north Africa, that would be exciting to you.