Saturday, September 01, 2007

Reflection

Today, 01 September 2007, Saturday, is a day of reflection to me.
I am still somehow bored, and ``menstrual period’’ which I have mentioned earlier will still affect me for a while. But my mood has gone up on Friday and today.
First, the phone conversation on Friday night is delightful. I and my friend, who just returned from a three-day vacation on mainland, kept chatting for some time until the airing of the last episode of TV drama Healing Hands. We did not talk about anything serious. Indeed, our conversation was mainly confined to how was your holiday and how was your work stuff. But the whole thing is nice still.

Then today, I have found through the internet some encouragement quotes, which I used to relief the stress of both me and my friend.
One of the quotes is a Japanese proverb Fall seven times, stand up eight. The other is by Mother Teresa ``I know God will not give me anything I can’t handle. I just wish that He didn’t trust me so much.’’
And I create another one. ``Frustrations and difficulties in workplace are normal. Your boss need not hire you if the job is easy and can be handled by others.’’

And, one of my female ex-colleague will travel to India alone in two weeks. She has not been a backpacker before and she is worried about her safety. I tell her to be cautious and my impression of the country.
India is a country which combines modernization and tradition; advancement and backward. It will be challenging for backpackers, especially female backpacker like you who are on the road alone for the first time. So you have to be cautious. If you love seeing old architecture and experience cultures, India will be your choice because it is in sharp contrast to Hong Kong. With the severe poverty gap, you can see rich men eating in restaurants for tourists and poor men waiting outside the restaurants for leftover.
You can see modernized women driving their own car, but you can also see underprivileged ones. You can see highly educated men, while seeing public announcement notice with pictorial illustration to serve the illiterate citizens.
You will see some mafia people who like to cheat on you, but you will also see nice people and hostel operators who are eager to show you their India.
And drop the ``Big Hong Kong'' attitude 大香港心態, which means understanding India from a ``HK is great'' perspective and criticizing the Indian way of thinking.

Indeed, I have also decided to go South India in late September. I am also a little bit worried because of terrorism. Hyderabad was under attack recently, and Taj Mahal was closed for a short while because of mob.

And I have recently fallen in love with this Korean song.

No comments: